Friday 7 May 2010

A new blog design!


The blog redesign is FINISHED!! I was so unbelievably nervous about plunging into the unfamiliar world of HTML and CSS...but it has been a lot of fun (unexpectedly so!). I was determined to move outside of my comfort zone, so I started with a white Minima template and went from there. There were a few hiccups along the way, but I am so excited to have finally finished it!

Here is the before:


I loved my original template, but ultimately I wanted to have more input into the overall design and feel of my blog.

And...after sitting on the fence for months on end, I decided to sign up to Twitter! (@gen_bateman). Very few of my friends use it (they're Facebook fans), but I was so intrigued that I had to try it :)

If you encounter any problems...if the text is too small...or the alignment is off...I would really appreciate it if you could let me know! As I said, there were a few hiccups along the way...

Thank you so much for looking!

4 comments:

melissa said...

LOVE the new look!

Susanne said...

Love the new look. Can't wait to see what's in store next.

Heather said...

Well done! the new blog looks great :)

sharyncarlson said...

Yay! Love love love the new look!