Monday 29 November 2010

December Daily/JYC foundation pages

 The blogosphere has been buzzing with anticipation over the past couple of days...December 1st is just three sleeps away, which means that Journal your Christmas is very nearly upon us!  I've seen some amazing albums (both past + present) on various blogs and I'm so excited to see how they come together over the next month - it amazes me how people can interpret one prompt in so many different, unique ways.  So cool.  I put my own album together a couple of weeks ago.  Since then I've been waiting for the right light to photograph the foundation pages, but the weather has been conspiring against me, so apologies for the not-so-great contrast on the pictures.  

I'm using an A5 kraft ring binder from Paperchase this year, along with a mixture of papers from last December...and (of course) some new releases, too.  Any excuse to shop ;)  I thought about pre-embellishing the pages, but I tend to use the photograph as a starting point, so I'll add bits and pieces as I go along.  I'm also using these number tags from every jot and little (you might recognise them from Ali Edwards' December Daily albums from years past)....they arrived a few days ago and I. love. them.  Anyway, without further ado, let's get started!

*Be warned, this is photo heavy!

 Paper from Echo Park.

Paper from Webster's Pages + Echo Park.  Envelope from Paperchase.

Paper from Making Memories + October Afternoon.  Envelope from Paperchase.

Paper from Crate Paper + October Afternoon.  Scalloped notebook paper from Making Memories.

Paper from Crate Paper + Echo Park.  Envelope from Paperchase.

Cardstock from Bazzill.  Transparency and paper from Making Memories. Bingo card from Jenni Bowlin.

  Paper from Cosmo Cricket and American Crafts.  Postcard by Belle & Boo (available from Paperchase).

Paper from Echo Park + Crate Paper.

Paper from Echo Park.  Envelope from Paperchase.

Paper from Making Memories + October Afternoon.

Paper from Echo Park.

Paper from Echo Park.  Transparency from Making Memories.  Envelope from Paperchase.

Paper from Crate Paper + October Afternoon (just seen).  Envelope from Paperchase.

Paper from Echo Park.  Bingo card from Jenni Bowlin.

If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!  I'm still not sure how I want to document the days between Boxing Day and New Year's, but there is a little bit of room left in the album if I need it.  Throughout the album you can probably see some divided page protectors peeking through as well...these are also from Paperchase and give a little bit more  flexibility in terms of how many photographs I can use.  December is already looking hectic and it hasn't even started yet, so I'm relieved to have finished the foundation pages in advance (the major lesson that I took away from JYC last year).  Now I'm just looking forward to getting started!

6 comments:

sharyncarlson said...

love love your album! such fun papers! I'm looking forward to seeing how your album comes together :)

Unknown said...

Love your album!!! I can't wait to see it fill up!!! !

cinnibonbon said...

Looks great--I know what you mean about the world getting involved and making these pages so uniquely different! Thanks for sharing.

JO SOWERBY said...

cant wait to see how the album fills up with xmas memories
Jo xxx

Ann said...

I ADORE your foundation pages and can't wait to see them as you add to them each day. Great job!

Debbie P said...

Your album looks wonderful. I love the pp's you have chosen and all your elements. Hope you share your completed pages.