Friday 1 January 2010

And a very happy New Year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Wow. I honestly cannot believe that it is 2010 already. I've spent the last few days thinking about resolutions, aims, intentions and goals, as well as my 'one little word' (I love this idea). In between the cogitating and the list-making, I've realised just how much I am looking forward to the New Year. It is a blank canvas and a fresh start...and it is so easy to be optimistic and hopeful as the clock strikes 12 and 2010 commences with an explosion of excitement and enthusiasm. Or, in our case, rockets and sparklers.

New Year's Eve was a family affair this year. We ate, we talked, we celebrated...it was wonderfully relaxing. And, although I have loved watching the fireworks that illuminate the London sky from the Victoria Embankment in previous years, I definitely did not miss the freezing temperatures and the L-O-N-G walk through Central London (due to the congested public transport) at one in the morning. This year, I very much appreciated the warmth of the log fire and the delicious kick of an Irish coffee....my stamina, it seems, is depressingly waning with each year.

As usual, I have lots to catch up on. I need to finish Blogging for Scrapbookers. I am still working (and massively behind on) on my JYC album. I have decided to do a 365 project this year, which was a snap decision yesterday evening and which I seriously have not thought through. I'm very excited about it though...especially because I got Photoshop Elements for Christmas. Luckily I was also given Photoshop Elements 8 for Windows: The Missing Manual, because PSE is totally, completely and utterly baffling to me. Every breakthrough - big and small - has been a momentous occasion, which is somewhat diminished when I realise I have no idea how I got from A to B. Rubbish.


Some progress is being made though (thankfully!). Do you remember my scrapping resolutions from yesteryear? Well, before Christmas I ordered my supplies...and they have been patiently sitting in boxes ever since. Today I made a start on my 2010 album - I am doing a few 'year in review' layouts, as well as a couple on my hopes and resolutions for the coming year. I have challenged myself in 2010 to use one manufacturer a month for the album...sort of like an inexpensive kit. January is Jenni Bowlin. I will let you know how it works out! Watch this space for the layouts over the next few days.

I have a few blog posts that I have been meaning to complete as well (Christmas lights in London, pre-Christmas snow and our Christmas festivities) but my laptop helpfully decided to expire on New Year's Eve. Ominously, when I rebooted it after trying to rouse the cantankerous bit of plastic (putting it mildly) from its slumber, the screen remained black and it emitted three, piercing beeps. Apparently, this means that there is a major problem with the motherboard or the graphics card. HELP. I'm terrified that I'm going to lose everything. I determinedly did not allow it to ruin the end of 2009 or the start of 2010 though ...despite the horrific customer support from HP. Grrrr. But that is a story for another day.

Rant aside, I hope that you had a wonderful start to 2010! It is amazing how you can be buoyed by other peoples' enthusiasm - over the past few days, I have been browsing through my Google Reader and feeling so enthused by the excitement and anticipation that everyone has had for the New Year. So, THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to see what 2010 brings...

1 comment:

CDC said...

I'm write there with you on the Christmas scrapbook album! I'm hoping to catch up a lot this w/e:) Happy New Year!