Thursday 24 June 2010

The anatomy of a night out


I finally got a chance to play with June's Studio Calico kit last night!  As I was looking through my photos from the past couple of months, I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw these. Even though most of my friends from university are *almost* in their mid-20s, we all seem to revert to our inner 19 year old selves when we get together.  So, I thought it might be fun to dedicate a couple of layouts to our various shenanigans (hopefully a couple more to follow!).

I really wanted to emphasise the photos, so I decided on a neutral background and simple colour scheme.  After using the SC stamp (which came with the main kit) with Mustard Seed Distress Ink, I finally understand why everyone is so obsessed with these little ink pads...they are awesome!  And even though I think I might  have gone a bit overboard with the scrapbooking supplies this month, I am totally, unashamedly in love with Studio Calico.  The kits are amazing...I can't wait for July! 

I have so many blogs to catch up on, so expect lots of comments in the next couple of days!  I start my new job this weekend and then I have a week before I start an intensive teacher training course...It 's going to be a busy few weeks!

Thank you so much for looking!

3 comments:

Sian said...

That shade of blue is beautiful! It's a lovely touch.

Good Luck with your new job and your Teacher Training

Meghann Andrew said...

Great layout! I love how you made your own patterned paper with that stamp!

Sian said...

I've come back because I wanted to say thank you for all your lovely comments yesterday :)